Announcement

Created, written and drawn by Michael Ramsey. Inks by Emma Kate Ramsey.

Thursday, March 7, 2013

And Cats And Cats And Cats (More Stupid Magic Comics)

To my few readers, I know all these Magic comics must be boring but like... they're super easy for me to do, so that's why I keep doing them. I am still working on a longer story on the side and have a few math comics coming too. 

Anyway, so this is the first real BLOOP appearance of my sister Emma Kate. She and I were looking over some cards for the deck she sister wants to build,  and we were noticing how ridiculous some of the scenarios Magic mechanics create. For instance, on your first main phase of turn 8, you cast White Sun’s Zenith for 5, summoning five 2/2 cats. Ok. So apparently at high noon, the sun calls forth cats. Awesome. So we have a Healer of the Pride in play, causing us to gain 10 life, putting us back at 20. Through some proliferate cards earlier in game, Ajani, Caller of the Pride is now at 8 loyalty, so we -8 him to summon 20 cats. Raising our life total +40. So turn 8, we have 25 2/2 cats, and at very least a Healer on the board, and 60 life.Well now that’s just dumb, and it gets even more dumb when you -5 Elspeth Tirel, wiping the board of everything but lands and cats. Pass the turn. I don’t care what happens during your opponents turn at this point. Heck, let’s put a doubling season in here so Ajani gets closer to his ultimate every turn, and all of a sudden, instead of 25 catsyou got 50 cats. ALL THESE CATS. Anyway. So my sister was like “this is hilarious. Can you imagine being the planeswalker who’s fighting against a crazy cat-lady?"

also before anyone who actually plays Magic says anything, yes, this is a very dumb slow deck and I am so very ok with that because it’s a CAT LADY DECK. When it goes off, it’s just a single woman and all her cats and thats hilarious


No comments:

Post a Comment